Welcome to the Startup Lore - Deyan's guide to creating successful startups. The Startup Lore is a free online guidebook, which summarizes some of the most important things I have learned about building new ventures. It is based on my experience in the past 10 years, during which I cofounded 2 companies (both acquired) and 2 nonprofits as well as worked on at least 8 products, which failed to get enough traction. This is the resource I wish I had when I was starting out as an entrepreneur. 
The Startup Lore is exclusively focused on the kind of venture I want to build: startups with an ambition to have a massive impact.  There are 5 sections in total:
- Introduction to the Startup Lore is useful for first time readers, who are interested in getting some more context about the Lore.
- Understanding Startups describes the defining features of startups and their implications for evaluating ideas and managing new ventures.
- Building the Startup Organization focuses on some of the necessary building blocks of startups such as recruiting a team and fundraising.
- Achieving Product/Market Fit explains how to quickly and efficiently validate the key hypotheses that the startup idea rests on.
- Conclusion provides some brief concluding remarks.
I hope you enjoy the Startup Lore and welcome any feedback or comments that you might have. If you have never been here before, you might want to check out the preface.
Or just jump right in: I have a simple starting point - startups are fundamentally different from companies.
 The usage of "lore" is dedicated to Fravia of Searchlores and reverse engineering fame - one of my earliest and greatest teachers. May he rest in peace.
 Please note that this is a rather specific definition of startups, based on my professional goals. Most new ventures do not fit into this category - as Mark Suster explains in this excellent blog post.